Tuesday 4 September 2012

Question everything!

My father is a professor in Bio-chemistry , he educated me to question things and have an inquisitive mind. He taught us to use lateral thinking, solving problem through an indirect and creative approach, and that mind sets can hinder the effectiveness and speed of problem solving. 


Some weekends, he used to take me to the university lab so I could help him with his plant experiments. I also used to make experiments of my own, all innocent child’s play, but a good experiences and great fun! Perhaps when I became a teenager, he regretted teaching me to question everything a little bit.....

My husband and I have been married for 13 years. He is a Global Finance director and we are always discussing financial matters, Cornwall Council's accounts and Audit papers, reading Investors Chronicle magazine, talking about shares and markets.  Being a member of the Audit Committee in Cornwall Council has enabled me to be analytical and rigorous in dealing with issues.


I will bring a fresh pair of eyes to the role of Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon and Cornwall. I will question everything and challenge anything I think is not right.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!