Wednesday 5 September 2012

Freedom

We all want to be able to live a free life, but some of us take our freedom for granted. Having lived abroad, in a city with two million people and were the crime rate is really high, I do not.

I love living on the Cornwall and Devon border. I love the fact that I can, in rural areas, walk my dog anywhere at anytime and I do not feel scared or worried about being victim of crime.
Unfortunately, through the years I have seen our freedom being slowly taken away and this is rapidly eroding our bigger towns and cities.
Please do not get me wrong, I agree with Tom Brake MP when he says: "we have fantastic police officers who are dedicated, able and trying to do their best by the community they serve." But I think there is lots of room for improvement.
As Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon and Cornwall I will work hard on crime prevention by better use of our PCSO's and work to reduce repeat offending through offender rehabilitation by better understanding individuals needs and situations with the help of the volunteer sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!