Thursday 6 September 2012

A little more about me

I talk to anybody and everybody and try to make myself very approachable. For me, people are the key and I am eager to listen and learn about their lives. Every action creates a reaction and I am always asking the “why?” question.

I have read many psychology books especially on criminal minds, because I want to understand the problems in order to find better solutions. Having lived in Brazil, I had to learn to be a fighter and be tough. I also understand what is to be a victim of crime and to lose your freedom because you do not feel safe. Everybody has the right to live a decent life and to be free. I had an ex-boyfriend once that was very jealous of me. I ended the relationship and he slept in front of my house for three days and stalked me for two months! The Brazilian police didn't want know and one night he pointed a gun at me and said he would shoot me if he saw me with another man. I dealt with the situation, but I had to move away in order to be safe and I do not wish that on anyone. To feel that you can’t turn to the police is unacceptable and I will make sure no one feels unheard and unprotected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!