Wednesday 12 September 2012

Question about demographics

In the interests of openness I will be posting questions that I have received regarding my campaign to be Devon and Cornwall's Police and Crime Commissioner. Interest has been high and I have received many questions, but will put them up one at a time, with the answer I gave.
Q) What do you think have been the greatest demographic changes Cornwall and Devon in the last 15 years? 


A) There have been extremely large changes in Cornwall & Devon over the last 15 years. Firstly there has been a steady drift away from rural areas to more urban living. Secondly the number of elderly has increased both as a result of the demographic changes throughout the country, but accentuated by the number of residents retiring to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!