Friday 31 August 2012

Victims of crime

I understand what it feels like to have your freedom restricted by both crime, and the fear of it. I have been a victim of crime on a number of occasions. I have suffered from anti-social behavior, theft and even gun crime.


Lots of the time victims are forgotten about in proceeding that focus mainly on the offender. For me it is vital that victims are properly supported throughout the criminal justice process. It is key that they understand what is happening, why it is happening and have a strong voice at every stage. I also feel that communities should be involved in setting sentences which make offenders give something back.

Over the coming days I will use this blog to lay out ways in which this can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!