Friday 7 December 2012

Community groups on social networks

I think that social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook are growing in importance to both Councillors and community groups. I regularly get people contact me on my facebook page to ask for help with this or that. As for community groups using them, the importance of this was proven a few years ago when Bude Sea-pool become under threat from Cornwall Council. within hours of finding out the news a local Lib Dem Councillor had set up a face book group and was promoting it on twitter and in the media. Within weeks there were 4,000 members from here at home and across the country and the world.

With this in mind I would like to know if your community group is using social media sites? How are you finding it? Is it worth the time you put in? Let me know about your group and i'll do all I can to spread the word for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!