Wednesday 7 November 2012

Independence day part one

I am often out on the doorstep speaking to people about their issues and campaigning for my community. At election time I am knocking on doors asking for your support and occasionally people mention "Independent" candidates. I thought it might be interesting to lift the lid on "Independents". First you might notice that I use Inverted commas when referring to this elusive bread of politician, why is this? Well there are many reasons which I will go into over time, but the first is that the "independents" at Cornwall Council are a group! let me say that again, there is an independent group at Cornwall Council. If it wasn't so misleading to the public it would be funny. The best bit is that 29 out of 31 "independents" are part of this group which has a leader and deputy. The other two are known as stand alone independents, which is what I thought they were all meant to be.

It's time people know the truth about this lorded and "honourable" breed so there is more to come on this subject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback!